End User License Agreement
- The terms and conditions set out below outline the agreement between the purchaser (licence owner) and Extraset, based in Geneva, Switzerland. By purchasing, downloading, installing, using or handling our fonts (digital typeface software, you accept compliance with our terms. Should you not accept these terms, you will be prohibited from using Extraset’s fonts.
- By purchasing the licence, you become a licenced user and not the owner of the fonts. You are not purchasing the copyright to the design or any other elements of the fonts, but only the rights to use them under specific conditions (outlined below), according to the licencing options you have contracted.
- The rights to the designs, all other elements of the fonts and intellectual property, remain entirely the property of Extraset and the designer of the font.
- You may not sell, lease, lend, sub-licence, assign or transfer any rights, duties or obligations to a client or any other third-party user.
- You are not entitled to copy the fonts or to enable third-party users to copy them either.
- You are not entitled to modify the fonts in any way without written permission from Extraset. However, we can provide custom versions on demand. Please contact us if you need any further information at email@example.com
- You are not entitled to use trials for commercial purpose, self-promotion or any type of publication, either on printed or digital media. The use of trial fonts is limited for testing, and pitching purpose.
- If you happen to experience technical issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to solve the issue as quickly as possible. If we are unable to do so, we will refund your purchase in full, as long as you have sent your request for a refund within 30 days of your purchase. The refund effectively terminates your licence to use the font.
- You are required to destroy any copies of the fonts after termination of a licence.
- Extraset cannot be held accountable for any damage caused to a purchaser’s hardware, software or any loss of time or income that may have occurred as a result of downloading, installing or using Extraset’s fonts. Extraset’s fonts are downloaded, installed and used entirely at the purchaser’s own risk.
- Purchase of an Extraset font grants you either a desktop licence or a web licence, or both. These options are described below. Please contact us for any other type of licencing.
- Purchasing a desktop licence enables you to use the font depending a number of users.
- A desktop licence enables you to use the font for any type of printed project and raster image for print or digital purposes. This includes social media and web banners.
- The fonts may be embedded in PDF files and as rasterised files (PNG, GIF, JPG). For any other format, the purchaser must first ensure that the fonts cannot be extracted from the document.
- When embedded in production files, a copy of the fonts may be shared with printing companies. The printing company must delete the fonts after production.
- Extraset desktop fonts are provided in OTF format and can only be used offline (except for rasterised images).
- The fonts may only be installed and used by the maximum number of users specified on the licence purchased. Extraset offers different licencing options depending on the number of users. Please refer to the invoice received after purchase.
- A desktop licence does not entitle the purchaser to generate web-fonts from desktop/print fonts. If you want to use the font online, you have to purchase a web licence. If you are looking to use the font in an app, please contact us.
- A desktop licence only needs to be purchased once.
- Purchasing a web licence grants you the right to use the font for one or several domains (please refer to the invoice received after purchase for the number of domains specified).
- Extraset offers a variety of web licencing options depending on the number of monthly visitors on your website. Should the number of visitors increase, you are required to update on an annual basis (please refer to the invoice received after purchase for the number of visitors specified).
- Extraset web fonts are provided in WOFF and WOFF2 format and can only be self-hosted on the licencee’s servers. The domains may only be modified with the written permission of Extraset.
- The purchaser can exclusively use @font-face CSS technology to display text on a website.
- A web licence does not entitle the purchaser to generate desktop/print fonts. If you want to use the font for print, you have to purchase a desktop/print licence. If you are looking to use the font in an app, please contact us.